[theforum] back to basics

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Thu Nov 20 17:17:04 CST 2008

On 17 Nov 2008, at 23:28, William Anderson wrote:

> I have an idea after reading tara's ideas ... we've been focusing on
> tenvolt being some sort of relaunch.  Why don't we use our tenth
> anniv.
> to stand up and say "we're evolt, we still want to be relevant, help
> us
> reinvent ourselves in our 2nd decade"

Good thinking, however, this is probably independent of the factors
that made us want to update the current site.

Not to say that there's not a more fundamental update as a result, but
we can
1) Update to recent versions
2) Shift server
3) Do what we set out to do some years ago, and go past what was
always known would be a temporary front end.
without waiting for it.