[theforum] on milestones and deadlines

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Fri Nov 21 05:21:01 CST 2008

ekm at seastorm.com wrote:
> [snip]
>
> But there is no reason to stop the efforts we started back in September in
> order to do said big thinking.

Wasn't suggesting that :)  What I think is that having a spanky new
awesome evolt.org ready for the 10th anniv date is now unrealistic, and
that we should instead use the date as an opportunity to promote
evolt.org, to define / redefine what we as a community hope to achieve,
to lay down stronger foundations for the future, and to use the time
from that point on to implement changes that come out of these
discussions and those still to come.  I don't think procrastinating
further is useful, but we should view this as a chance not to hastily
throw something together, because doing something half arsed is even
worse than doing nothing at all.

We should continue in the awesome fiery spirit erika has restoked, and
make this community not only vibrant again, but relevant.

-n