[theforum] thanks

Erika ekm at seastorm.com
Thu Nov 27 15:08:12 CST 2008

Elfur Logadóttir wrote:
 > Hey Erika, you know it's thelist, not the list, right?
 >
 > /elfur

Not really... I didn't know.
Please go forth and correct any documents as needed.
and hey ho, let's go write a style-guide now!!!

xo

Erika

PS and on titles?  going by common editorial style:

evolt.org inside a sentence or title
Evolt.org begins a sentence or title

Thelist begins sentence title?
or TheList
or thelist begins sentence title?

the problem comes because we have varied between lowercasing page
headers, and uppercasing article titles.  Also in having deliberately
lowercased names, but when conventions (beginnings of sentences or in
titles) call for uppercasing, who inherits what rule?

Some style guides (AP I think) advocate titles like Christian's
"How to get published" IOW only the first word is caps

more commonly we've used a different style (MLA and prob Chicago)

"How to Get Published on evolt.org"
(also kind of weird, because of our lowercasing conventions)

do you see why I'm having problems figuring all this out?

Erika (suddenly understanding why so many sites use "text-transform" in
headers and menus)