[theforum] evolt.org history mystery

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Sun Nov 30 05:51:31 CST 2008

On 29 Nov 2008, at 18:43, David Kaufman wrote:

>  A Group Is Its Own Worst Enemy
>  http://shirky.com/writings/group_enemy.html
>
> Despite the negative title, very interesting historical perspective.

Yes, extremely interesting.

And with some of that in mind (particularly the 'core community' bit),
should we be thinking of having some way of highlighting/rewarding
members of the 'core community'?

(It's kinda similar to /.'s way of having those with higher Karma
being priviledged to speak a little louder than those without - your
posts start off on a higher score)

Now we do do a bit of that already with the number of cubes being
related to number of articles contributed
http://evolt.org/cubes_definition/index.html
but I'm wondering if we should be doing more?

Some useful UI patterns for that here:
http://developer.yahoo.com/ypatterns/