[theforum] internationalisation

Drs M. Feenstra, MALD, MBA marcel at wintasy.com
Sun Dec 7 04:17:52 CST 2008

Erika wrote:

> I'd like to find some non-native-English admin types with interest in
> working on this.

I would be able to help somewhat with internationalization, as I happen to
be Dutch (native speaker) and married to a French wife (our two daughters
are being raised bilingually); if there are articles in German that need to
be reviewed, I can also help with that.

However, being the cautious type, I'd like to bring up one possible
"objection": under Dutch law, it is a *criminal offense* to translate and
(re)publish material, *unless* the copyright owner has authorized you...

Therefore, I would be willing to translate, say, my own two articles and
those of other administrators who explicitly consent to my doing so; but for
*other* stuff, we'd probably need a clause in the submission guidelines ("By
submitting articles to evolt.org, you give us permission to translate...")
--and I suppose that *couldn't* be used retroactively!

Marcel