[theforum] volunteer offer

Jon Molesa rjmolesa at consoltec.net
Mon Dec 22 09:52:01 CST 2008

Sure thing.

Well, I'm a Gnu/Linux enthusiast.  I run GNU/Linux on all my boxes
(mythtv, asterisk, nokia N810, ubuntu laptop and 3 servers, debian on 2
laptops).  I love to geek out and attempt to toy with various
technologies and get them all working together.  I do most all my
editing in vim.  I love automating repetitive tasks and will do so with
either bash or php.  Yes, it is possible and fun to write shell scripts
in php.  I work for a company that uses Drupal on various sites.  I
don't consider myself a Drupal developer, but I've been coding in PHP
for over 5 years now.  When I write my own stuff for my own company and
customers it'll probably be within the CakePHP framework.  I do consider
myself somewhat experienced with databases and NSF3.  However, I have
zero graphic design abilities.  I know what looks good when I see it,
and can even offer constructive criticisms.  I'm straightforward and
tend to be upfront about what's on my mind.  Likewise, I appreciate
honest over sugar-coated conversation.

I can and am willing to contribute in anyway that I'd be useful in the
areas of:

1) System Administration
2) Programming
3) Database
4) Documentation
5) Automation

If there is anything else that you want to just please just ask.  I was
interested in some of the tasks relating to sever migration.  They we
not assigned to anyone on the project site.  I do understand that the
project site doesn't currently reflect reality.

--
Jon Molesa
GPG ID: DAA35239
rjmolesa at consoltec.net