[theforum] revisiting categories

aardvark evolt at roselli.org
Mon Dec 22 14:25:45 CST 2008

On 22 Dec 2008 at 15:08, Sarah Adams wrote:

> Is it just me, or does this organization seem wacky? Since when are HTML
> or CSS "code"? Since when is code not "back end"? I think we need to
> overhaul this completely.

when i see "back end" i tend to assume the de facto converse, "front
end," will be an option as well... it's my own expectation, but i'd
bet i developed it in such a way that lots of us have that
expectation...

so i'd dump code...

i'd consider letting AJAX live in both back end and front end... like
a hermaphrodite, in a very stretched metaphor sort of way...

there are others that can live in both... and those of us who think
of it as one way or the other will be directed accordingly without
thinking it doesn't exist or thinking it might live elsewhere...