[theforum] front end urls

Martin Burns martin at easyweb.co.uk
Wed Jan 7 01:28:13 CST 2009

On 7 Jan 2009, at 02:28, Erika Meyer wrote:

> Here is some work I've done:
>
> Secondary landing pages
> http://www.seastorm.org/evolt-frontend/evoltIII/evolt_thg/
> articles.html
> http://www.seastorm.org/evolt-frontend/evoltIII/evolt_thg/
> browsers.html
> http://www.seastorm.org/evolt-frontend/evoltIII/evolt_thg/lists.html
>
> code guide (still needs a lot of work)
> http://www.seastorm.org/evolt-frontend/evoltIII/evolt_thg/guide_code2.html

OK, first glance stuff:

Much more attractive overall than last version
Much more evolt-like than last version
I really like the Swag call to action, and wonder whether - using user
roles - we can come up with a number of user-appropriate calls to action
I *really* like the <h#> styles

Need to do something to limit max-width - columns are just too wide
for fullscreen on hi-def monitors (1680px wide here). I continue to
respectfully disagree with Felix, but you knew that ;-)

Garrett twittered some lovely stuff about text readability
http://www.wilsonminer.com/posts/2008/oct/20/relative-readability/
and
http://informationarchitects.jp/100e2r/
which is germane I think.

I didn't want to expose this yet as it's a long way behind Erika's, but:
http://colonsay.easyweb.co.uk/~martin/evolt/design_2009/index.html
(known to be knackered in ie6 and a bit off in FF3, but fine in Webkit
browsers)