[theforum] Bits from the Finance Front

Dean Mah dean.mah at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 08:09:03 CST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 10:29 PM, William Anderson <neuro at well.com> wrote:
> Jon Molesa wrote:
>> *On Tue, Jan 06, 2009 at 10:23:41AM -0500 Jon Molesa <rjmolesa at consoltec.net> wrote:
>>
>> Would any care to explain why a genuine offer for help goes ignored?  Is
>> it because help is not needed?  Is it because I seemed insincere?  Or
>> some other reason altogether?  I can understand if help is not needed
>> and I can take it, I'm a big boy.  By why did my offer go completely
>> ignored?  I'm genuinely interested in knowing.  If I need to improve on
>> some social skills then I'm willing to accept that.  But my offer for
>> help was an honest one and I feel it deserves at least a little
>> attention.
>
> Jon, can I recommend you subscribe to, and hang out on the sysadmin
> list, as that's where most of the appropriate chatter and task
> generation/discussion will happen.

> -n

While perhaps a good idea, honestly the only things to go through
sysadmin on a regular basis are system notifications from scripts
(just check the archives).  To assume that sysadmin is any more
functional than the rest of evolt.org would be an overstatement.  I
just point this out as it has been mentioned in the past that
sysadmin, as a group, "just works".

My assumption on evolt.org's floundering due to lack of leadership has
been based on past history.  How much has evolt.org advanced since
2002?  FFS, *we* couldn't even pick a winner of the "design contest"
and implement it.  Most projects have at the very least a benevolent
dictator and people that are willing to follow that person.

Anyway, I don't mean to de-rail the current efforts.  I'm going back
to re-arranging the deck chairs.

Dean