[theforum] evolt schwag help requested

Erika Meyer ekm at seastorm.com
Thu Jan 22 18:23:22 CST 2009

Martin Burns wrote:

> Yeah, see, there are my 3 problems:
> 1) Money fronting

Should be done w/ caution.  If schwag is coordinated with fund-raising
and if good records are kept, it could be a worthwhile thing.

> 2) Stock and associated money sitting in a cardboard box

how would the money be sitting in a cardboard box??? (unless we are
selling at events or something)

(I usually try to keep my t-shirt stock in a plastic tub, w/ envelopes
and sharpies nearby)

> 3) distribution of anything bigger than a wee book of stickers (ie can
> fit in a DL envelope with a standard stamp)

if someone trustworthy is willing to take it on, if the risk is minimal,
and if it looks like it will make us money, why have a problem with it?

Erika