[theforum] w.e.o. stuff (was Bits from Finance)

Erika Meyer ekm at seastorm.com
Sat Jan 24 01:05:25 CST 2009

actually, forget about the teamwork sit  Here's the only thing I found
there relevant/useful to the current state of the w.e.o. work; some
notes collected from Martin's work.

Erika

http://lists.evolt.org/theforumarchive/Week-of-Mon-20081006/006509.html

from Martin:
I had some thoughts which are on the Colophon of my version:

http://weo.easyweb.co.uk/colophon

Stuff I'd really like to get done:
1) Wider 'explain evolt' intro for the home page (NB we can have
different pages for logged in users and anon - that's easy with Drupal)
2) Folksonomy tagging
3) Google Map of members tied into their profile
4) 'Post this to Digg/Reddit/etc' links on articles
5) Better differentiation between new and Featured ('Sticky') articles.
6) Better h1-h6 hierarchy - I'm really happy to use the mollio.com
styles... http://weo.easyweb.co.uk/node/2 as long as we fix forms!

For visual style, I'll say it again: I really don't want something
uber-glossy as a high priority goal - I fundamentally don't believe the
explanation in ALA's 10th anniversary spiel as the site appears to be
far more front-end focused than the article suggests. I would rather
something that echoes the variety of what evolters do, than make
backender folks feel that this isn't a place for them.

<snip>

*Some* reference to the current style so it's at least recognisably the
same place would be nice.