[theforum] WYSIWYG Editor

adrinux adrinux at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:49:32 CST 2009

2009/1/30 Martin Burns <martin at easyweb.co.uk>:

> On 30 Jan 2009, at 12:04, adrinux wrote:
>> But comments are a bit different.
>
> Why? If you can't write basic HTML, or work out what the filtered HTML
> option will do, I'm not sure you have a worthwhile contribution to
> make. Those users *should* be read only.

1) Because making a short comment shouldn't feel like being at work :P
 Adding code tags, adding emphasis, or strong emphasis is tedious in
html, easy in a wysiwyg.
These days even professionals that hand code generally have syntax
highlighting, auto-completion and other convenience features in their
editors. Writing tags by hand is like...well, it's tedious.

2) People are prone to making mistakes when writing html and once
you've submitted a comment you don't get to edit it.

I don't think it's a big deal either way, it can default to off. If
the quality of comments declined it could be removed. Don't really see
what we've got to lose by adding one.

Erica's right though, this is somewhat peripheral right now.

--
Adrian Simmons | http://perlucida.com