[theforum] Zombie!

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Sep 24 00:20:02 CDT 2013

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 6:27 PM, Adrian Roselli
<Roselli at algonquinstudios.com> wrote:
> Carving out the part where you put me on the spot...
>
>> 4) prepare the weo archive, anniversary and tribute thingies
>>
>> This needs to be more fleshed out, but basically I envision the front page of
>> weo becoming a one-shot page similar to info.cern.ch.  Someone needs to
>> own the corralling of testimonials, even if the contact processes are farmed
>> out to loads of people.  This is the really important bit, as it's the content we
>> want to leverage for EVOLT15.
>> We're kinda focusing on the technology side a little bit (well, I am, at least),
>> but the 15th birthday of Evolt is what has lit up this process, and the content
>> needs needs NEEDS to be the most important part, otherwise we might as
>> well just punt thelist to google groups and shut everything else down.
>>
>> Adrian, you were first to suggest this notion, which I love to bits.
>> At the risk of shanghaiing you, do you fancy starting the ball rolling and
>> sketching out what we need to do and who we need to talk to?
>
> Yes, I can be convinced.
>
> Humor me and harass me again this weekend if I don't have anything. Between meetings and up against a deadline this week so time to really focus on this is tough. I may have time Friday night or as part of a leisurely Sunday drive to both focus and bounce ideas off a trapped (unwilling) bystander.

Engaging harassment mechanism.

Just to let everyone know what's le going on ... at the moment the
currently active activity (well, that was some bad English right
there) is that emkay has a dump of the weo db and is working to
migrate the data to Jekyll so we can host weo on github.  That should
remove some storage and bandwidth concerns of hosting weo on an aws
instance; that instance can be used for mail only now, making things a
bit cheaper + easier.

Apart from that, everyone has gone quiet.  December 15th is looming.

-n