[theforum] Four

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Tue Nov 19 19:43:57 CST 2013

hey everyone,

I wanted to break this out into a separate thread from the general "DO
STUFF" thread.  As I've mentioned, emkay (Mike King) and myself have
been beavering away on a static archive of weo as-is, with some cover
content explaining that, hey, evolt is 15, we're not doing articles
any more, but lookit, OTHER STUFF!

I realise now we've essentially built evolt.org 4.0.  The main content
source and host is on GitHub.  We're using GitHub Pages (Jekyll) to
render content into specific skins.

The site is here: http://evoltorg.github.io/
The repo is here: https://github.com/evoltorg/evoltorg.github.io
Our milestones are here:
https://github.com/evoltorg/evoltorg.github.io/issues/milestones

I've used a COTS site template from themeforest (built by a very
talented girl from slovakia) to (as mentioned previously) save time
and energy for the new front page.  I'll be building up similar skins
for beo and leo, which should be ready by next week.  The original weo
articles retain the original weo skin, coerced into Jekyll by Mike,
albeit with the logo link at top right returning to the new front
page.

I'm at the point where I think we're done with the hacking, and it's
time to plug in decent content into the new front pages.  Mike and I
can't do all of this ourselves, so some assistance is required.

If you have specific things you think we should be saying on the new
front pages, say it here.  If you have specific things you want to see
listed on a history time line, say it here.  If there's anything else
you want to see, or have other comments ... you get the idea.  If you
see any bugs, or major issues, create or use a GitHub account and file
an issue in the evoltorg.github.io repo.

Make some noises people, even if it's just words of encouragement.
Time is a harsh mistress, and I think she just went into dominatrix
mode.

-n