[thesite] Evolt survey

Daniel J. Cody djc at members.evolt.org
Wed Dec 5 11:18:49 CST 2001

Shirley Kaiser, SKDesigns wrote:

> At 08:52 AM 12/05/2001, Richard wrote:
>
>> Hi

just trying to have a bit of fun there..

>> pages, but found the interface somewhat unpredictable (sometimes
>> multi-select, sometimes not, check-box or radio-button?) .

> Yes, now that you mention this, the changes did cross my mind, but I
> didn't think about it too much except that I now remember I did
> double-check a few times to see if it was multi-select or not, etc.

this was because a lot of the questions could have multiple answers, and
a lot could not.. IOW, there was a variety of questions, not simply
'yes/no' ones, which we thought would be boring..

>> Some questions were good, some not, and the boxes to type answers were
>> often
>> too small, so you couldn't see what you had typed.
>> and mainly I found it far to long, better would be to have a different
>> survey every week, around one topic, and just 2 or 3 pages long.
>> After being interrupted by phone-calls I never did finish it.
>

> Yeah, it took me 2 or 3 times before I actually got from start to finish
> due to interruptions also. Good points, Richard. I wonder if it could be
> streamlined a bit. I don't know what was behind the reasoning for all
> the questions, so I can't begin to say what to cut and what's absolutely
> necessary.

the survey was actually debated at great length on theforum list, which
is open to all.. join up if you'd like to get in on the next of the
surveys :)