[thesite] Welcome To "thelist"! (fwd)

rudy r937 at interlog.com
Fri Dec 28 16:28:54 CST 2001

> good suggestions! updated the file!! ;)

what about putting this up on the site as an admin article

assuming the site code checks priv level

jeff, do you know what i'm talking about?   articles that are only visible
to people that have a userpriv >= 3

speaking of information architecture, i have had a strong guiding principle
behind all my professional efforts for decades -- as a developer, project
manager, data architect, and freelance html jockey -- and i'm thrilled that
the new field of information architecture is finally giving "my" principle
some much needed credibility

this principle simply asserts that stuff should be easy to find

for example, the copy that's used in the "welcome to thelist" email

out in the open, where everybody can see it, with a "need to hide" policy
instead of "need to know" mentality (please don't get me wrong, i'm not
saying you were trying to hide anything, dan)

our article structure, with our web-based edit and approval process, is the
perfect vehicle to manage this information

rudy