[thesite] Where to put author info

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Mon Nov 19 07:03:58 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "rudy" <r937 at interlog.com>

| >If you don't want your photo on your articles, don't put it there.
|
| let's not carry the database analogy too far, but how do i accomplish the
| above?
|
| i don't want my photo on any of my articles, but i do want it on my author
| page
|
| is this now a separate switch on the author data?

Very good question .. and I'm hoping the answer is "yes" to these.  For all
three pieces of information:

Full Name
Author's Photo
Author's Bio

I agree with those saying that the photo adds more personality/humanity to
the article pages.  I also agree with those saying that it should only be on
the user/member page.  So, yeah, I'm 50/50 either way.

However, I think its up to each person to decide *if* they want the
photo/bio/full name to appear on the article page.  So, let's put in the
triggers, not just a simple matter of "if exists".  Looking at the current
version of teo.. looks like jeff's got the if exists working well for the
bio/other articles part.  (yeah!!)

Would the triggers satisfy those people that feel strongly that the photos
shouldn't appear?  Or am I just trying to make everyone happy, and this
isn't a "good enough" solution?  (btw, I'm asking sincerely .. not being a
smarty ;)

I'll +1 moving the conversation to theforum ... with context.  (And
preferably if/when Jeff takes the css files I did yesterday and puts them in
the correct spot, so that those reviewing the latest changes will see it
looking correctly/as intended... it's close, but there's a few nitty-picky
things IMHO.)

Michele