[thesite] Content Upgrades

Jeremy Ashcraft ashcraft at 13monkeys.com
Sat Sep 22 23:22:08 CDT 2001

> (each

> > I think so, but it would be useful to nominate an 'owner' amongst the
> > writers,
> > who's accountable for the article as a whole, and can formally submit
> > it for approval and say "We've finished writing it", to ensure clarity
> > and avoid the "Is this finished or not?" debate.

I have an idea that expands on 1) and 2) above.  One author can start a
"group" article, add co-authors, and create his/her piece of the article.
The co-authors could then go in through the regular article submission
interface and have the option create their piece and have it "linked" to the
"group" article they were named in or create a normal article.  Once the main
author is satisfied with the work, he can then submit it.  This way each
"piece" of the article is no different than a regular article submission,
except that they are linked together as a "group" article and treated as
such.  This also may be a start on possibly having a "See related articles"
link or "More articles on Foo" or something like that.  I don't know what
kind of code/DB changes this would entail or if it would even be feasible to
do.  just an idea.

jeremy