[Sysadmin] setting up qmail

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sat Nov 15 01:25:52 CST 2008

David Kaufman wrote:
> So last time, on tempest, we installed qmail from source iirc.  But I've
> [snip]

My two pence.  qmail should die an evil death, there's no need for us to
run it.  I'd personally prefer postfix to exim as it's somewhat simpler
to manage, but if the preference is to run exim, that's fine with me, as
long as we at least spend a few minutes seeing if it's worth unifying
the awful, broken-into-tiny-pieces debian default config files.

djbdns should also fuck off please.  bind has it's issues, but it's a
piece of piss to administer, and it's well known amongst us.  Since
we're using it as a stealth master, there are no real load issues, and
push comes to shove we can firewall it off from everything except
everydns' IP(s) that are doing axfrs.

-n