[Sysadmin] filesystem layout and promoting me

Eduardo Kienetz eduardok at gmail.com
Wed Nov 26 10:42:39 CST 2008

On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 10:18 AM, Dean Mah <dean.mah at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Nov 23, 2008 at 4:41 AM, Adrian Simmons <adrian at perlucida.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > On 23 Nov 2008, at 04:52, John Handelaar wrote:
> >> I think you and  Dean have both expressed a lean towards postfix,
> >> versus Dave pro-qmail and me pro-nothing-but-heard-exim-is-faster.
> >>
> >> postfix is winning.
> > Has won. Who else is left to vote? I'm abstaining (I've never run a
> > mailing list and offloaded email (using postfix) on my VPS to a
> > Tuffmail reseller account a couple of years ago).
>
> Okay, who wants to take a crack at the postfix, clamav, spamassassin,
> mailman install?

I have experience with Postfix (use it since 2003, many servers) +
Courier-IMAP+MySQL+SASL.
So, I wonder if we'd have any MySQL based stuff or just the plain Postfix
(using shell based accounts for the few users we might need).
Also I had clamav (clamscan) running over e-mails received by Postfix on a
couple clients.

I don't have any access though. If you guys prefer I could just help out
whoever takes it.

As for spamassassin, installed, tested, hated (performance, etc, but that
was a long time ago). I've been using ASSP (has its weaknesses but clients
are very satisfied).
Never needed mailman.

--
Eduardo Bacchi Kienetz