[thechat] Le'Austin? Evoltcon? SXSW?

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri Feb 23 11:06:52 CST 2001

on 2/23/01 11:47 AM, Ben Dyer at ben at imaginuity.com wrote:

> Wait, wait, wait.
>
> What is Evoltcon?  And how can I get in?  This thing is in Austin?

Get in?  Show up.  Same as thelist.  It's really nothing that organized.  A
bunch of us are getting together in Austin this year to have a little face
time with each other.  It's something that started among the admins last
year, but there's nothing formal about it.

Basically, evoltcon (evoltageddon, whatever), is a bunch of web developers
in search of a place that will not run out of alcohol and will tolerate a
bunch of loud, laughing, clad-in-black t-shirt geeks.  It's fun.

I'm going to be there.  The dates are roughly March 8/9 to March 12/13 or
so.  We should figure out a place to meet up with as many of us as possible.

How many do we have now?  12? 14?  I don't know.  Anyway, there'll be a
whole bunch (pod? gaggle? murder? herd?) of us.

bob

--

bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org