[thechat] SETI

Kevin Stevens kjs at ratking.co.uk
Sun Feb 25 04:11:54 CST 2001

> Since I've got a semi-captive audience on a sociable list where I can
> promote the goings on of evolt.org I just wanted to let everyone know that
> we have our very own SETI at Home group.

I was a bit disappointed that the latest chunk of data I downloaded is
taking an unprecedented 200 hours to do, usually it's only 60 hours. While
we're on the subject, is running SETI a good idea? I am a little concerned
for my processors health, is it OK to have it running at 100% for so long?
And John, how was your birthday do on Friday? Presumably your hangover is
better now, let's have gory details ;)

Kev
kjs at ratking.co.uk