[thechat] I hate working late on Sundays...

Katherine Spice k.spice at acu.ac.uk
Mon Feb 26 06:13:20 CST 2001

martin.p.burns at uk.pwcglobal.com wrote:

> Please tell me that you didn't work all night...

no way - i'd be dead!

> I stopped @ about 2:30am

I gave up and crawled of to bed just after 2 - I'm not helped by the
fact my partner is a geek (yesterday, he and his best mate, who lives 2
doors down from us spent the day rebuilding our local web/mp3 server
with 3 60G hard disks, a 100MB network card, and the latest 2.4.x linux
kernal. this machine lives in said best mates loft, and we have our very
own LAN, with CAT5 connecting the flats over the roof!) so he's quite
happy to stay up 'til the small hours surfing, or recompiling something.

oh dear, re-reading that makes us sound really sad! we _do_ get out
sometimes!

katherine