[thechat] MS Word Weirdnes

Michele Foster michele at wordpro.on.ca
Tue Feb 27 14:54:22 CST 2001

hmmm.. interesting .. in IE 5.5 click on the link on your web site.. it
downloads, word launches, fails to load file correctly.  Go back to web
site, right click, save target as to my hard drive, double click file on my
h/d and all is fine.

Now what does this all mean??

Damned if I know .. formatting looks messed up somewhat in the file though,
odd page breaks.  Gonna fix and save and send off list ..

I'm guessing that there's a prob with the file type that is being sent, and
word 2k and IE5.5 and/or windows itself, doesn't like it, hence why the file
worked fine when saved to disk.  My guess is, folks you are emailing it too,
aren't saving the file to disk and instead trying to click it open within
their email program.

I don't get enough Mac files to know what the prob is exactly though.

If ya get a chance, email this file back to me, or post this version on your
web site, and I'll test it again.

Michele

P.S.  In addition to Dave's testing of course.  :)