[thechat] MS Word Weirdnes

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Tue Feb 27 15:10:52 CST 2001

on 2/27/01 3:08 PM, McCreath_David at McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
wrote:

> Okay, my weirdness can out-weird your weirdnes (or something)...
>
> First I went to the link you posted, and I clicked the MSWord link. It
> diplayed in my browser (IE5.5) quite well (but I didn't actually download
> it).

Hmmm....ok.

> Then your mail came through, and I tried to open the attachment and
> kerBLOOie! Word bombed and took several other docs with it. It doesn't
> appear to have affected them, though.

Damn.

> Now when I try to get the doc from your web site, it don't work. ?>:|

WTF?  That's it.  No more word.  They can have text or html.

> Have you run a virus scan on your Mac recently? I don't think there's
> anything that could wander from platform to platform, but I'm baffled. Try
> saving it as RTF?

That was the first thing I did when I started hearing about this.  I don't
know what the problem is.  A friend of mine works in ops at a network
security company and he didn't report any viri (and they are protected
something fierce).

I'll try RTF.

Thanks.

bob