[thechat] Beervolts

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Tue Feb 27 18:21:08 CST 2001

At 02:10 PM 2/27/01 -0800, you wrote:
>Yep, Northwestern microbrews (NW meaning San Fran northward ) are the bestest.

I happen to think that beer is one of the best (possibly *the* best) reason
to live in Oregon.  Here in Eugene (pop. 180,000), I have no less than 4
breweries (not pubs mind you, but actual microbreweries) within walking
distance.  There were formerly 5, but sadly, one closed down.  When Fields
was still open, I had one brewery a half-block away and another one and a
half blocks away.  Ah, business lunches.  Each brewery has at least 5 or 6
regular ales on tap plus seasonals and guest taps.  And I believe that each
brewery has won at least one silver or gold medal at the Great American
Beer Festival.

And, of course, my personal favorite thing about beer in Oregon: we hop our
IPA's more than anyone else in the world.  Blessed be the hop-heads for we
shall inherit the Earth (or drink it or something.  I forget.)

-Judah