Austin Saturday Night (was: RE: [thechat] Beervolts)

Scott Dexter sgd at ti3.com
Wed Feb 28 11:26:08 CST 2001

> PS: I was mixed up in earlier mail, and didn't get the beg of the
> thread about beer in Austin... are there brewpubs in Austin?  When
> are we going?

yes, there are, I found this:

http://www.negia.net/~brew/austin.html

And the location for Saturday night, I'm thinking the Ginger Man:

Right around the corner from Waterloo at 304 West Fourth Street you'll find
one of Austin's best beer bars -- The Ginger Man (phone 512-473-8801). The
row of taps at The Ginger Man is truly an awesome sight. Around eighty draft
beers can be had along with 100 or so bottled selections. Regional
microbrews and imports from England, Germany, Belgium, and several other
countries grace the beer menu. Happy hour runs Monday through Friday, 4-7 pm
with 50 cents off pints and a dollar off pitchers. The Ginger Man hosts live
music on certain nights and holds specialty beer tastings on occasion. Give
them a call in advance to see what's going on when you are in town. Dart
lanes, a pool table, and a fine beer can collection round out the atmosphere
at The Ginger Man -- it's certainly a fine place to spend a few hours. The
most difficult part of your visit will be deciding on which beer to have.

Sound good?
sgd