[thechat] Driving in America

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Wed Feb 28 17:12:10 CST 2001

Kevin Stevens wrote:
> I'm off to the States to get married in April & for part of the honeymoon
> we'll be renting a car. Can anyone send me any links for information about
> the rules of the road in the USA, sort of like our Highway Code over here.
> All I know so far is that you drive on the wrong side of the road :) Not
> sure if you have specific rules for each state, but I will be driving in
> California if that makes a difference.

Some places to check:
	http://gocalif.ca.gov/drivingtours/
You might also check:
	http://www.aaa-calif.com/
And here's the docs on getting a drivers license here in CA - more than
you need probably.
	http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/driver_handbook_toc.htm

Generally, things are alike all over. I don't expect it'll be that
different from what you're used to. Red lights, green lights, etc.

Check this:
	http://www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/hdbk/2001dl600toc2.htm

What part of california you coming to?

	- Joe <http://artlung.com/>