[thechat] RE: Name Game

Jen Worden jen at meadoworks.com
Mon Mar 5 13:10:29 CST 2001

At 09:55 AM 3/5/01 -0900, McCreath_David wrote:
>Yeah, we thought about hyphenating our names, but we both have enough
>trouble getting our own last names spelled correctly. We didn't want to open
>the double can of worms, too. :) I dunno how we're going to handle the
>enventual kids' names, but I think we'll probably settle on one last name or
>the other for simplicity's sake.

Oh. *We* didn't change our names. Just the kids. In larger centers, people
don't even bat an eye but here in Hinterland Who's Who, folks get mighty
confused!

My rationale was based on the fact that our branch of "Worden" was going to
die out if I didn't do something as I'm the only one that had children. It
made sense to me at the time, a dewy-eyed 20 year old, anyway.

And yes, I've heard "Well what happens when your son  marries a dual name?
Are they really going to call their kids 'Worden-Rogers-Jones-Smith?! To
which I generally reply, "No my problem." ;)

cfn ... Jen