[thechat] mac os-x

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri Mar 23 12:10:09 CST 2001

on 3/23/01 12:57 PM, Joe Crawford at jcrawford at avencom.com wrote:

> But I'm looking forward to hearing folks I know's personal reviews. It's
> what Mac users have been asking for years - and here's where we see
> whether it will be good or bad!

A lot of what I've seen that is 'bad' really isn't objectively bad, it's
just different than what we've gotten used to with Classic Mac OS.  It looks
like (from what I've read) Apple has done a great job of listening to the
beta testers and the feedback they have gotten about user interface issues,
changes in work process, etc.

I'm pretty excited about how it will all work.

One bummer though - Wacom says that they won't have drivers for their
tablets until June. :(  This is not good.  I love my tablets.  Using the
trackpad on my pismo just sucks for photoshop.  I can get by with my
trackball on the tower, but I seem to be using my powerbook more than the
tower (the tower is older, slower).

Drivers for peripherals will be the real challenge, IMHO.  Printers seem to
be taken care of, and some stuff should come ready to rock, but I'm worried
that I'll have to switch to OS 9.1 for photoshop, cd burning, etc.

We'll see.

bob

--

bob davis