[thechat] mac os-x

Dave McLean thechat at dwcreative.com
Fri Mar 23 13:00:30 CST 2001

On 3/23/01 11:10 AM, Bob Davis wrote:

> but I'm worried
> that I'll have to switch to OS 9.1 for photoshop, cd burning, etc.

I have a feeling that we'll have to switch to the classic environment for a
while before many programs have updates to reflect carbonisation and full
osx compatibility.

I'm not buying it tomorrow because I intend on getting a new tower this
summer when the os will be shipping with them.  Until then I'll stick to 8.6
on my beige g3 tower and 9.1 on the fiancées iBook.

Going to a seminar at Apple Canada on Wednesday though.  Hopefully it's a
hands-on session.  That'll be tres cool.

-d

______

"there ought to be limits to freedom" -G.W. Bush