[thechat] Peer-to-Peer?

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Thu Apr 5 09:24:35 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ron White" <ronwhite at members.evolt.org>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 1:39 PM
Subject: RE: [thechat] Peer-to-Peer?

> Ok now I'll make fun of you :-)  Can't be a Network Engineer without being
> able to make a cable :-) Engineers build, if you can't make the basic
> connection unit...

Why should I concern myself with the actual construction of the media when I
can "outsource" that function to a third party commercial vendor? :)  I'd
hate to be expected to build a gigabit ethernet switch all on my ownsome ...

> Well, I reckon you could call yourself a "designer" and
> say things like "Oh that router looks just fabulous in that rack!!" :-)

*lol*  Blinky lights are an netadmins best friend when the board of
directors ventures into the machine room ... "oooo, that's what our profits
are being spent on ... cool"

--
  ___  ___ __ _________ @well.com  William Anderson - www.well.com/~neuro
 / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \|     "All your base are belong to us. You are on