[thechat] Re: baby names

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu Apr 5 09:48:15 CDT 2001

We found out we were going to have a little munchkin shortly after we
returned from a convention. Since *it* was not an option, and *junior* just
lacks imagination, we started calling the anticipated arrival Orlando.

We even imagined his first day at college: Orlando White -- what a great name!

My in-laws took us out for dinner -- our favorite place no less -- and
eventually conversation turned to  some illustrious White ancestors. Seems
the name Lowell was tops on the about-to-be Grandpa's list.

Ah well, we settled on Alex finally (not Alexander since that's Greek and
Alex is the Teutonic version), but now that he's 4-1/2, I really wish we
had stuck to Orlando. It just suits him and if I ever get my PlaineOldNews
running again, I'll send you the link to our family *newsletter.*