[thechat] Re-formatting a Mac

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Fri Apr 6 17:44:00 CDT 2001

Bob Davis wrote:
> Boot off of a CD (hold CMD (apple) and C when it's booting) and use the
> disk utility application that is on the CD.
>
> Very simple.  Let me know if you need any help.

One caveat -- make sure you *have* a system CD for a system that'll
actually run on that box. Not sure what system that Mac wil tolerate.
Maybe 8.1? Performa 5320 PowerMac ... hrmmm ... it's been too long since
I've done this kind of resurrection... what's a good site for getting
specs on old macs... what was that utility I remember... I have it at
home...

Anyway, my main point is that old macs too often don't have any
accompanying CD install disks ... or at least nothing current. So be
careful before wiping that system - might be a pain to find a fresh OS
installer....

:-\  Sorry can't be more helpful....

	- joe