[thechat] What do you *really* do?

Norman Bunn norman.bunn at craftedsolutions.com
Tue Apr 10 08:43:10 CDT 2001

You mean besides reading evolt e-mails all day long? :)

After 20 years with BellSouth (yes, I'm that old!) took an early retirement
offer (really old!) and went into consulting (ok, I'm 47!).  Most of my day
is spent supporting an intranet application I built from scratch in Perl for
configuring and procuring PCs for Worldcom (was MCI Worldcom).  When all 150
or so programs are working properly, I get to spend time freelancing web
sites (trying to diversify!)

After 16 years in Atlanta, moved back to small-town South Carolina, where I
am from originally.  I work in an enclosed porch on a 60-year old home on
Walnut Street (can't get much more Norman Rockwell-Americana that this!).
HomeSite, FTP Voyager, Photoshop 5.5, ImageReady 2.0, Illustrator 9, Intuos
tablet, PII 450 w/ 256MB & 20gig, 128K ISDN, Sony Digital8 camcorder are my
tools (waiting on DSL). Use IE 5.0, IE 5.5, NS 4.6, NS 4.7, NS 6, Opera 5
and Web TV emulator for testing.

Consider myself a generalist working on everything (graphic design, HTML,
CSS, JavaScript, CGI, server admin...when you're a one person shop, you have
to be flexible).  Really enjoy the autonomy and the commute ain't half bad
either.

Ride a Triumph Trophy 1200 bike (not too old!), married for 20 wonderful
years and have two teenagers (girl & boy), one very large cat and dog.

Oh, and I read evolt e-mails all day long!

Norman
www.craftedsolutions.com