[thechat] What do you *really* do?

Valerie Walker vw at raresponse.com
Tue Apr 10 12:29:36 CDT 2001

<out of lurk mode>
I work as a production graphic artist for a small direct-mail marketing
company, which means that some days I can surf the net all day and other
days (like yesterday) I am so busy making pdfs and tweaking Quark files that
I can't even eat lunch.

Most of what I do ends up in print, but occasionally I get to do a jump page
or one of the despised HTML emails, since I'm the only one here who knows
HTML, JS, or CSS.  No programmming languages required, just infinite
patience with miinuscule and never-ending changes from the account
execs/clients, a really steady hand, and a nitpicking eye for details.

For fun I do websites, such as http://www.wiggage.com and
http://www.compostcoven.org -- usually this work takes place during slow
times at the job.

This is the kewlest job I ever had...

<back into lurk mode>

vw
--
Another year ends.
All targets met. All systems working. All customers satisfied.