[thechat] gas prices..

Bob Davis bobd at members.evolt.org
Fri Apr 13 12:17:03 CDT 2001

On Friday, April 13, 2001, at 01:06 PM, Judah McAuley wrote:

> Which Audi (I'm assuming its a Quattro of some sort) do you have? I've
> been debating between some of the Audi's (A4, A6, All Road) and the new
> Subaru Impreza WRX.  It will probably still be awhile before I have the
> money (sadly), but I'm curious to hear from Audi owners about their
> experiences.  The rally nuts here are almost exclusively Subaru kids
> and the Audi's are frequently about 10K more expensive so I don't
> really get a balanced picture.

I have one of the last couple S-6's brought in (late 95).  It's a
quattro with a 20 valve turbo 5 cyl.  Kind of rare.  There were only
ever a couple thousand brought in over 4 years.  Not a rally car (too
big, too heavy) but a hoot to drive.  The WRX feels very flimsy by
comparison.  Fast though.

I'd like to drive one.

I've had 2 Audi's myself, and my family have owned another half dozen
over the years.  I like them.

>> I teach a winter driving school up here that's a blast.  We drive on
>> ice that is like a hockey rink, and teach accident avoidance and
>> advanced car control. It's real rally stuff.
>
> That sounds like a lot of fun.  Do you have RallyCross events in your
> neck of the woods?

Well, Tim (the guy who has the school) was talking about it.

You can check http://www.teamoneil.com/ to see.  I think the Maine
forest rally is going to happen this summer.  I'll try to catch that,
and I go to the Mt. Washington Hillclimb every year.

bob

--
bob davis
bobd at members.evolt.org