[thechat] gas prices..

martin at members.evolt.org martin at members.evolt.org
Mon Apr 16 16:01:17 CDT 2001

At 10:06 13/04/01 -0700, Judah McAuley wrote:
>Which Audi (I'm assuming its a Quattro of some sort) do you have? I've
>been debating between some of the Audi's (A4, A6, All Road) and the new
>Subaru Impreza WRX.  It will probably still be awhile before I have the
>money (sadly), but I'm curious to hear from Audi owners about their
>experiences.  The rally nuts here are almost exclusively Subaru kids and
>the Audi's are frequently about 10K more expensive so I don't really get a
>balanced picture.

A3 1.8T Quattro arriving the end of the month. Couldn't quite
justify an S3.

The Quattro has not far short of the same power as the
Golf V6 (2.5l engine) - the A3 shares the Golf platform
so it's an interesting comparison. FWIW, so do a few
other cars, including the Beetle. Also of interest is the
Skoda Fabia - it's the testbed for next year's Polo, at
a fraction of the price.

Cheers
Martin