[thechat] Now I think I'm a really web developer. And you?

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Sun Apr 22 02:37:36 CDT 2001

So here's a story about me. Indulge me. Thanks!

So tonight Jenny and I are watching TV. It's a special on PBS.
Quite good, and all about the human genome.

So they start talking about cystic fibrosis - a genetic disease which wreaks
havoc on the lungs and body of those who have it. Very awful, and something
I would occasionally deal with back when I was still a Respiratory
Therapist.

Now, the interesting part comes when we hear the a person who has this
disease of CF mention that she lost four pounds overnight. my wife hears
this and tosses off a "I would love to lose four pounds overnight."

My reply is, "no you don't want to lose four pounds with..." and here I
*think* "CF" but when I *say it out loud* it is expanded to "Cold Fusion."
Cold Fusion is a web programming language.

This is the moment I realize that inhabiting my skull is no longer the brain
of a Respiratory Therapist. It is now occupied full time by a Web Developer.

The question I guess is --- when did this happen?

When did you realize you no longer are what you were before?

   - Joe Crawford <http://artlung.com/>