[thechat] What do you *really* do?

William Anderson neuro at well.com
Sun Apr 22 19:06:22 CDT 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "martin burns" <martin at members.evolt.org>
To: <thechat at lists.evolt.org>; <thechat at lists.evolt.org>
Sent: Monday, April 23, 2001 12:27 AM
Subject: Re: [thechat] What do you *really* do?

> At 22:07 22/04/01, Big Shuggie (ie Hugh Blair) wrote:
> > > connected to a Linksys Router that's connected to a Cable modem.
>
> Hey Shug
>
> I was looking at one of those just this weekend. Can you
> find the MAC address of the outward facing Ethernet port?
>
> My cable provider (Telewest) locks down their cable modem to
> only connect to MAC addresses you've told them about.

This might be a useful resource for you then:

- http://homepage.ntlworld.com/robin.d.h.walker/cmtips.html

provides cable modem troubleshooting tips for Blueyonder (Telewest) and
ntlworld peeps.

--
  ___  ___ __ _________ @well.com  William Anderson - www.well.com/~neuro
 / _ \/ -_) // / __/ _ \|  "Oh, God! If you want something done properly,