[thechat] Beer Exchange?

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Mon Apr 23 15:36:17 CDT 2001

I don't get to travel very much, but when I do, I like to do extensive beer
research at wherever I'm going.  There are a growing number of really good
regional breweries all around the US and abroad that I never get to taste.
*Sigh*.  This discussion group has shown me that there are a number of list
members who are very enthusiastic about the subject of beer and are also
very knowledgeable about their local breweries.

So the idea of a beer exchange suddenly occurred to me.  I'm pretty
knowledgeable about breweries and brew pubs in Oregon/Washington/N.
California.  I would be happy to buy bottles of commercially bottled beer
and bottle samples of non-bottled local beer and ship them to people who
are interested in reciprocating with beer from their region.

I know that this is probably illegal.  I suspect that there are ways of
making it more legal, but I'm not terribly worried.  We could fax each
other copies of our drivers licenses or something.

Regardless, anyone potentially interested in the idea?  Worthy of further
consideration? Comments?

Judah