[thechat] german stuff

McCreath_David McCreath_David at xmail.asd.k12.ak.us
Wed Apr 25 21:10:03 CDT 2001

>From: Bob Davis
>
>On Wednesday, April 25, 2001, at 09:38 PM, McCreath_David wrote:
>
>According to http://dict.tu-chemnitz.de/ , 'dozen' is 'Dutzend' in
>German.
>
>I can't figure out what the correct spelling for the terms you mention
>is though...but I know what you mean.

Naja. Werde mal 'ne deutsches Freund emailen und fragen.

>Check this out...
>
>http://german.about.com/homework/german/library/weekly/aa020998.htm
>
>The whole thee/thou thing is a German cognate...

Kewl site.

>> Ist woll prima wieder Deutsch zu reden!
>
>Doch wahr!

Heh.

Oh, by the way, did you know that Alfred Stieglitz had a magazine in the
early 1900's called "Photo-Secession"? They mentioned it on a profile about
him last week and I thought about the Vienna Secession that you mentioned a
while back...

Later

David