[thechat] QOTD (especially for Texas residents - Hi Kyra, Sam & Dex!)

Ben Dyer ben_dyer at imaginuity.com
Thu Apr 26 13:00:23 CDT 2001

At 12:09 PM 4/26/2001, you wrote:

> > Deep Ellum for me.  And since I work downtown, I put like
> > zero miles on my
> > car.  About half of our staff lives near downtown now.
> >

>Where 'bouts? --I was living over at Expo/Parry for a couple years (then we
>broke up and I moved in January) ... though I lived down there, I realize I
>didn't spend much time going out in Deep Ellum (except for afternoons; Beth
>and I would start at St. Pete's around 2pm on Sundays and drink and eat and
>basically waste the day (and some of the evening. MAN we would drink a lot)
>... ah ... the *best* margaritas --and no, not a drop of Cuervo near
>them....)

Really?  You went to Hungreez a lot?  I stop by there after work often.

I actually live in the building Monica's is in.  They play the same songs
every week and that singer is way off-key.

>uh oh, I smell something... Dallas Beervolt! --you kids wanna hook up for a
>drinkie-poo? Seth?

Sure, except I'm sure I'm the lightest drinker in Deep Ellum (read: none).  :)

>I work in Plano (Plano Pkwy/75) --the burbs north of Dallas for those of you
>playing the home game-- but spend my time south of Mockingbird... I love
>being a '214' =)

We're out of space now in our building (Lincoln Plaza), so we've been
kicking around moving into Deep Ellum near Yahoo! Broadcast.  That'd be
sweet.  I could walk to work. :)

--Ben

Ben Dyer
Senior Internet Developer