[thechat] Re: Returned mail: User unknown

Daniel J. Cody djc at starkmedia.com
Mon Apr 30 09:39:54 CDT 2001

william -

i read the website for smoothwall, but could you gimme like the 'inside'
details ? i'm getting a completely new firewall system for work(to
replace raptor) and wonder how well smoothwall would compare against
some of the commercial products out there, or against a straight kernel
with iptables.

like, how well does it handle subnetting, packet forwarding, masq'ing,
nat'ing and that kinda shit? can it support a large number of
interfaces?(like 4-5)

is it application layer?

ok, thats pretty much it.. thanks for any insight here :)

.djc.