[thechat] what does "inde" mean?

Judah McAuley judah at alphashop.com
Tue May 1 13:37:06 CDT 2001

At 01:29 PM 5/1/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Now those are the ones I think of when my daughter listens to
>*alternative* rock -- how in the he11 can it be alternative when the local
>pop stations have it in hourly rotation????
>
>She just sneers at me when I say the *pop*ularity of *alternative* rock
>makes it an oxymoron -- I'm just too old to get it.

"Alternative" was a horrible music label (I hated the word "Grunge" as
well), but it represented an alternative to teen pop groups and Mariah
Carie clones.  Now its become a huge gentrified market that carried along
the label with it.

What can I say, I like upbeat blues as well.  Now there is an oxymoron.

Sigh.  Nothing takes the fun out of music like an industry label.  Trip-hop
anyone?

Judah