[thechat] Third Wheel

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu May 3 13:31:59 CDT 2001

At 10:36 AM 5/3/2001 -0700, you wrote:
>yeah, you get them at bike shops.  Are there no bike shops in your part o'
>the world?

You're going to think I'm telling an untruth -- but, no, none that I'm
aware of. I live under O'Hare Int'l Airport on the edge of this huge
industrial park. The only thing remotely close to a bike shop, Play It
Again Sports, went out of business last year. Kmart also closed up (not a
huge loss, normally), but now all I have near me is a grocery store (milk's
$3.35 a gallon).

So, I know I haven't seen one at the grocery store and I wasn't sure what
to call it if I started calling around. I knew all you technical types
would know what it is -- thank you!

And, after the helpful posts, I took a look at prices -- next time I'm at
the grocery store, I'll have to check the ad boards and so forth.

>The trailers, you know, the yellow ones, generally hold 100+ pounds of
>kid.  So your kid doesn't need to be THAT small.

No, but if he never sat in a stroller, I can't imagine him sitting in one
of those either, it's the sitting part that won't work -- he needs the pedals.

I wish we could just rent one, but no, a family here had one and my husband
was hoping they'd sell it when they moved, but they took it with them. Ah
well...

<tamara />