[thechat] Third Wheel

Tamara Abbey Abbey at abbeyink.com
Thu May 3 15:05:10 CDT 2001

At 02:45 PM 5/3/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>There's *GOTTA* be a decent bike shop somewhere close to Woodfield Mall ...
>west of you in Schaumburg ... I'm guessing maybe 30 or so miles from you.
>{If I'm remembering rightly it's around 59 and Golf.} [That was a nice mall
>- two separate chocolate-only stores.  Two art galleries - not 'starving
>artist' art galleries - but galleries with Mark Chagall ROOMS (unfortunately
>I'm not a fan - but I'm still impressed that a store in a mall would have an
>entire room devoted to selling his work) and with $13,000 Mucha originals
>(more my speed - although sadly out of my price range!) for sale!]

Yeah, Woodfield is about 30-45 minutes away down Higgins and traffic --
sheesh! I got passed in the parking lot of my kid's daycare this morning --
Woodfield is definitely a white-knuckle trip for me. If I could get there,
get in and get out without getting lost, I'd probably go more often than
once or twice a year when I can hitch a ride with someone.

The biggest problem though is getting enough time out alone. The kid is
usually right there and he can't keep a secret. This way, I can hit the
yellow pages, do my research, steel myself for the trip, download maps
(o.k., I'm making fun of me now), but basically get there and get back in
the amount of alone time I actually do get.

(and 59 /is/ Golf -- darn good memory you've got) -- I've never been to the
art galleries, but they do have some cool stores there -- there's an Ikea
across the street now -- they have tour buses there! Hmm, does Ikea carry
sporting goods? They've got that kid drop-off thing . . .

and, yeah, confession, in that pick-em-up truck with those blind spots and
this traffic, well, this ex-country girl don't get out much and when I do,
I need to know /exactly/ where I'm going.

<t />