[thechat] 2 monitors behavior with fullscreen popups (Was: kinda cool)

Joe Crawford jcrawford at avencom.com
Thu May 10 19:39:00 CDT 2001

William Anderson wrote:
> IMHO, the best way to do dualhead (or triple, or quad) is simply to use
> separate cards :)

Right - this is also the /Mac Way/ as I understand it. But this is an OS
based thing.

But as I understand it the need for a special 2-head card was based on
NT4? Or something strange like that.

When I first got my Mac back in '96 what I wanted was 2 monitors - one
the big 17" and also one of those vertical black and white "page"
monitiors. I thought those were so spiffy.

<flash type="insight,memory">wasn't there an article on this on
evolt?!</flash>

quick visit to evolt.org -- quick search for "dual monitors"

Bang!
http://evolt.org/article/A_wonderful_world_of_multiple_monitors/12/1714/index.html

	- joe <http://artlung.com/>