[thechat] 2 monitors behavior with fullscreen popups (Was: kinda cool)

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Fri May 11 09:55:58 CDT 2001

> But as I understand it the need for a special 2-head card was based on
> NT4? Or something strange like that.

AFAIK, NT4 does not support more than one card on the motherboard - so if you want dual monitors, you need a dual head card. Win98
supports up to 9! video cards. Not sure what you'd do with 9 monitors, but there you have it. I don't know how many monitors Win2k
will support, but I bet it's a lot.

On the subject of dual monitors, anyone got their linux box to support more than one? I tried a while back but never got it to work.

-Bruce