[thechat] spin magazine: punk

Bruce Heerssen bheerssen at visualbridge.tv
Tue May 15 09:21:26 CDT 2001

> But you did remind me of a story that the liner notes on a recent artist's
> double album retrospective were penned by Quentin Tarentino (of 'Pulp
> Fiction fame) who [apparently] claims this guy was the "father" of gansta
> rap!! ... The artist? .... Johnny Cash!!
>
> Interesting?!     :-)
>
> RonL.

Especially interesting in light of the recent furor over Emenem's song about (fantasies of) killing his wife. The media wrote it up
like that sort of thing was new and shocking in the music scene. Hell, Johnny Cash did that thirty years ago with his song "Delia's
Gone". That's actually a relatively common theme in music, esp. in Blues and Country music. And maybe rap too, although I'm not
enough of a fan of that genre to say.

-Bruce

The first time I shot her
I shot her in the side